BAND CAMP INFORMATION!
Band Camp Information from Mrs Rebecca Montgomery Reeves
As we quickly approach July, just a few reminders to prepare for band camp…
1. Get outside – you need to adjust to the heat as we will be outside in the mornings and late afternoons.
2. Sunscreen – wear it!
3. Stay hydrated – you will need to drink plenty of fluids to stay healthy. We suggest a 50/50 split between water and a sports drink at band camp to help stay well hydrated.
4. Sunscreen – you need it!
5. Wear appropriate clothing – light-colored clothing that breathes is best. We encourage you to wear shorts – jeans/pants will be very hot. Wear socks and athletic-type shoes – no flip-flops or boots. Hats and sunglasses are also recommended.
6. Sunscreen – we don’t want you to burn!
7. Eat good food – lots of fruits and veggies! Heavy meals during band camp are not the best. We encourage staying away from milk products right before going into the heat. Band camp is NOT the time to go on a diet. You will be burning lots of calories and you will need to fuel your bodies so they have the calories to burn.
8. Sunscreen – don’t forget it!
9. You will need a folder/3-ring binder and a PENCIL to hold your music and drill charts. Many students use sheet protectors as well to help protect their music and charts during the season.
10. Student leaders – don’t forget to start practicing on your marching fundamentals teaching. Don’t let the first days of band camp be when you figure out how to explain how to do something. Be prepared!!
Band Camp Dates:
A more detailed schedule will be posted in the near future.
STUDENT LEADERSHIP 2015
DRUM MAJORS – ZACH BARNARD AND MADELYN HILL
FLUTE – BETHANY ELLIS
CLARINET – ELIZABETH EASTERDAY
SAXES – EMMA ARMS
LOW REEDS/TUBAS – MADISON EZELL
MELLOS – SEAN BRABSTON
TRUMPETS – MELODY WILSHIRE
TROMBONES/BARITONES – JACOB KEYS
PERCUSSION – TYLER REEVES
MAJORETTES – CHERITH CRABTREE
GUARD – ASHLYNNE BOYLE AND CLAUDUIA HOLLWAY
ELECTED POSITIONS TO BE ANNOUNCED
BAND LIEUTENANTS (X2)
SENIOR CLASS REPRESENTATIVE
JUNIOR CLASS REPRESENTATIVE
SOPHOMORE CLASS REPRESENTATIVE
FRESHMAN CLASS REPRESENTATIVE